In the first article, we’ve looked at some basic travel tips that absolutely should be covered. Let’s look at several other things you should bear in mind, whether you and a group of friends are travelling the country in a Mega Coach bus or you are exploring the country alone.
Here are the essentials you should pack
– Identity document
– Bus ticket
– Wallet and all bank cards you would need
– Important numbers of loved ones or friends in writing
– Phone, charger (and charging bank if possible) and airtime
– Earphones or headphones
– All electronics needed (laptop, tablet, camera) along with their chargers
– Multi-plug and two-point plug converter
– Enough complete outfits for every day as well as extra clothing for emergencies and sleepwear
– Adequate emergency money in cash to get home or arrange for emergency transport (not to be kept in anything that may be stolen)
– A pair of shoes for each occasion (formal, casual, practical)
– Important medication (including antiseptic, headache and heartburn tablets) – First-aid kit – Wet wipes – Toothbrush and toothpaste
– A few toilet rolls for in case none are available
– Shampoos and soaps
– Sunscreen and other preferred lotions
– Hairdryer, hairbrush, straightener, hair clips and ties, and any waxes or gels you might use
– A razor
– A pillow and a blanket
– Entertainment such as magazines, puzzle games etc
– Optional depending on your destination
– Beach towel
– Beach games
– Insect repellent Furthermore, things that you should keep in mind while travelling include the following.
1. Keep a journal
There are certain things photographs and videos don’t always capture effectively; emotions. Nothing beats reliving the excitement you had once experienced during a trip to somewhere. Nothing is quite as thrilling as reading about your best holiday experiences as if you were in the moment again. Get yourself a journal and start writing down whatever is running around in your head. You can do this on the bus on the way to destinations, in bed at night or even while relaxing on the beach.
2. Take tons of photos
Give your emotions a visual aid with photographs. Whether you snap several hundred shots for your social media platforms, or just for your personal enjoyment. Be sure to take a picture of every wow moment and titled it appropriately too.
3. Take the longest route
Forget the rush of travelling. The best favour you can do for yourself is to travel on the longest route. Take a bus rather than flying, walk rather than calling a cab and spend your sweet time on things that seem like a waste of productive time. You travel to live and to relax, do your soul a favour and forget about the rush in the outside world, and give in to nature.
Planning to travel with a group? Contact Mega Bus to rent one of their buses which comes with a professional driver. Contact us for more information.